Mechanically, it is in excellent condition. The engine is a period-correct 1600cc Normal that is only 50 numbers off from the original and it performs very well with plenty of power. The matching manual 4-speed 644 transmission shifts through all the gears with ease. The drum brakes have been rebuilt with all new wheel cylinders as well as a master cylinder. Complete with tools, jack, owner’s manual, side curtains, and boot cover, this Speedster is fully sorted and ready to enjoy. Rare opportunity to find a T2 Speedster in this condition.
• 60 horsepower, 1,582cc OHV air-cooled horizontally opposed four-cylinder
• Dual Zenith carburetors
• Four-speed manual 644 transmission
• Independent front suspension with laminated torsion bars
• Parallel trailing arms
• Independent rear swing axles with torsion bars
• Tubular shock absorbers
• Four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes
• Wheelbase: 82.7 in.