The 356 is the first production car of the German sports car brand Porsche and is designed by Ferry, the son of Ferdinand Porsche. As Ferdinand was involved in the development of the VW Beetle in the 1930s, Volkswagen parts are often used to produce the 356.
The first Porsches are assembled in Gmünd, Austria, and are made from aluminum. The cars have a windscreen that consists of two flat pieces. From 1952 they are replaced by a single bent one. The production was to move from 1950 to Stuttgart – Zuffenhausen in Germany.
The heart of the car are four-cylinder boxers with a capacity of 1,086, 1,268, 1,290 or 1,488 cc and the power varies from 40 to 60 hp.
After the 356, the 356A comes on the market in 1955. This “A” is available in Coupé, Cabriolet and Speedster versions. The engine was drilled to 1,582 cc and delivers 60 to 75 hp. 356B
In 1959 the 356A is succeeded by the 356B. Bumpers and headlights are placed higher and the interior and rear suspension are also taken care of.
The last of the 356s entered the market in 1963 and was named 356C. All-round disc brakes are now standard and power from the 1.6 L boxer range from 75 to 95 hp.
from January 1960
red leather interiorchrome luggage rack