The Tiptronic automatic transmission debuted on this generation 911 and works perfectly. The automatic transmission is described in Germany as “bombenfest” and has the additional advantage that it protects the engine at all times against the enormously harmful possibility of overspeed when downshifting.
Due to the low weight of only 1,350 kg and the relatively large M64/02 3.6 liter engine, the 964 Carrera 2 is still a fast car even today. The standard sprint from 0-100 takes around 6 seconds, according to Porsche, and the top speed is a respectable 250 kilometers per hour.
The car is equipped with air conditioning, cruise control and an electric sunroof. The interior is in very good shape. The dashboard looks beautiful and all controls are practically in mint condition. The leather upholstery is wonderfully supple and the seats are almost free of damage. The exterior has been repainted in the original color and is in very good condition.
The car drives exactly as you would expect: smooth & firm. The perfect 964 for a person who has been dreaming of an air-cooled “flat six” for years.
- Very neat and well-maintained Porsche 964 Carrera 2
- Very good investment.
- Official value estimation by insurer done in 2015 (when purchased from previous owner).
- Car in original condition. Matching Numbers. Accident free.
- All necessary and most of the original documents are present: maintenance booklet, maintenance history, invoices, inspection certificates, Car-Pass. Very well documented.
- All maintenance on the car was carried out by a specialist workshop in Belgium (Porsche Garage Willems)
- Central locking
- Air conditioning
- Electric windows
- Sunroof (electric)
- Fog lights
- Hidden immobilizer (installed in 2015)
- Body colour: black. Repainted in original colour.
- New tires (4) (2018) (type Michelin Primacy)
- New air ducts & fuel pump (2019)
- Some signs of use here and there
- White leather interior in perfect condition
- Sony radio cassette player
- Spare wheel, jack, tool kit, fire extinguisher all original present in the car
- Newly registered and delivered in Japan (1991). The car drove there between 1991 and 2015 and has done almost all the miles there. The full history of maintenance in Japan is still available (in Japanese).
- In 2015, the car was purchased via Germany and imported by a car dealer in Belgium.
- I bought the car from this dealer in March 2015.
- In the period 2015 – 2021 I only drove it in good weather. The car has always been garaged, protected with an indoor cover and connected to a charger. It is a completely rust free car.
- This car is registered in Belgium as a classic car and has all Belgian vehicle documents.
Additional photos and information can be obtained on simple request. A no-obligation appointment to view & testdrive the car is always possible.