Only 20 to 30 cars were produced by RuF starting at the bare chassis. No clear records exist to signify the total number of cars produced by converting them from a factory Porsche Turbo or Carrera, but what is clear there exist only very few. This RuF is not only rare, but runs much faster then a conventional Turbo.
Besides being very fast, it is also fun for everyday use. It has been run at 0.9 bar pressure of Turbo boost to ensure the engine longevity and still having over 380hp! The 5-Speed Gearbox of RuF make the Turbo more powerfull and driveable because it allows you to always be in the right gear thus lowering the Turbo lag issue. Porsche offered a 5-Speed for Turbo only starting in 89.
It is pure enjoyment to drive this car, as only Porsche and RUF can supply. A welcome addition to any Porsche or RUF collection.
The car is registered, with a TÜV/technical certification and the Historic car classification. The engine has been completely overhauled in March/2021 (for over 30.000 EUR) & other various works have been done …all documented with invoices.
– Original Porsche Guards Red colour
– RUF Front Spoiler
– RUF speedline wheels
– Turbo Tail
– Black Convertible Top restored
– Original Porsche leather
– RUF Instruments: rev Counter, boost control gauge
– new radio and sound system with amplifier
– Porsche 930 Turbo Engine (completely revised, various works!)
– RUF intercooler
– RUF 5 Speed Gearbox ( only 270 RuF Gearboxes were build by 89, EUR 7.000 option at that time)
– Porsche Turbo 4 wheel disc brakes
– Twin exhaust system new and in stainless steel (gives it an incredible sound)
– New sports clutch
– New Bilstein Turbo shock absorbers