The new engine, 100 hp strong, could be ordered in all 356A models, the coupe, cabrio and the speedster. Also the suspension was not left untouched, with new improved torsion bars, larger shock absorbers and new „bump stops“. The engine was known for its reliability coupled with the good performance. Only a few small instructions on the outside such as the golden Carrera logos gave away that this car could easily reach 190 km / h.
The specimen that we offer here left the factory on 03/06/1957 in the external color Silver metallic (code 608) with a red interior (code 330) and was destined for the Austrian market (the Porsche home car in the early years). From Austria the car went to Italy, where he stayed for a long time. From Italy he moved to a southern French industrialist and his last owner he found in Monaco, owned by Claudio Roddaro, who owns a fine collection of Porsches.
The car is equipped with the conforming engine, type 547/1 and all original components such as the carbs, ignition, … The colors are also matching as he came from the factory.
Certificate of authenticity and Kardex are available.