The interior is complete with a dash top, front seats, rear seats, and door panels. However, it will need new carpets and the soft top to be upholstered. The 356 is not running or driving, it will need the fuel system to be gone through, brakes to be rebuilt, and the overall mechanical condition of the engine and transmission are unknown. Matching number engine (P73314), and transmission (26539) per Certificate of Authenticity. It is becoming very difficult to find good Cabriolet projects. This is a great opportunity to purchase a matching number open 356 needing a little work at a reasonable entry-level price.
– 60 horsepower, 1,582 cc OHV air-cooled horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine
– Dual Zenith 32 carburetors
– Four-speed manual 716 transmission (1959 only)
– Independent front suspension with laminated torsion bars
– Parallel trailing arms
– Independent rear swing axles with torsion bars
– Four tubular shock absorbers
– Four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes
– Wheelbase: 82.7 in.