Original floor pans, paint is in exceptional condition with a few minor paint imperfections, beautiful interior with German square weave carpets. Noted to be restored by a well known 356 restoration shop in the Los Angeles area in the early 1990s. Three known owners over the last three decades from Tucson, Arizona to Newport Beach, California. Service records from 1999 to present. Complete with original keys, owner’s manual, service book, and original tool kit. Great opportunity to purchase a great 356. The 356C is truly one of the BEST 356s to drive.
• 75 horsepower
• 1,582cc OHV air-cooled horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine
• Dual Zenith 32 carburetors
• Four-speed manual 741 transmission
• Independent front suspension with laminated torsion bars
• Parallel trailing arms, and tubular shock absorbers
• Independent rear swing axles with torsion bars and tubular shock absorbers
• Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes
The 356 was a lightweight and nimble-handling rear-engine rear-wheel-drive 2-door sports car available in hardtop coupé and open configurations. Engineering innovations continued during the years of manufacture, contributing to its motorsport’s success and popularity. The last revision of the 356 was the 356C introduced in September of 1963 for the 1964 model year. It featured disc brakes all around with a 75-horsepower engine.