Chassis number: 129023466
Engine number: 40923488
Odometer reading: 26.779 km
Power 90 CV
Top Speed 190 km/h
First registration in Italy
In order to fill the gap created between the 356 and the 911, in 1965 Porsche decided to make the 912 model, a little and less powerful Porsche 911 but aesthetically identical. On the rear the perfomance of the car was all on the little boxer 4 cylinder of 1.6 liter taken from the Porsche 356 SC. In order to make it suitable for the 912, the max power was lowered to 90 hp, to obtain more accelleration and stability, and a 4 manual gearbox was installed. The engine has really good fuel efficency for the time’s standard.
The interiors of the car were simplified when compared to the 911, and thanks to the same design and lines, the Porsche 912 had a huge success, expecially in the United States.
In 1969 the Porsche 912 finally ceased the production to make way for the new arrived 914. Although this, in 1976 a few cars were made for the USA market only, named 912 E, with a 2 liter version of the same engine and a new Injection (made by Volkswagen).
– The car is in excellent condition thanks to a recent restoration of the whole bodywork, interior and mechanic.
– Totally repainted in the original Burgundy Red
– The dashboard is the original one, perfectly working. Original steering wheel
– The engine has been restored with high quality standard, with the original components of the car
– Original wheels with new tires
– Moldings, grills, writings and emblems
– Regular documents