2 cars found
Porsche 959 for sale
You are looking for a pre-owned Porsche 959 for sale?
Here we present you information and some Porsche 959 for sale:
With this super sports car derived from the 911, Porsche presented a street racer in 1985 like the world had never seen before. In the mid-eighties newcomers were not necessarily the classic target group for the 420,000 Deutschmark and therefore astronomically expensive super car. In comparison, the most expensive Mercedes back then, an S-Class, cost about a quarter of that price. The price did not deter the elite. The Porsche 959 was sold out within a few weeks. . Anybody who considered himself somebody at this time and wanted to show it had to have a 959, by hook or by crook. Shortly after the model’s entry into the market, individual cars sold for up to 700,000 Deutschmarks.
Production figures of the Porsche 959 in the individual years:
292 units, of which 113 units in 1987, 179 units in 1988 and eight vehicles in 1992. 29 Porsche 959 were delivered in 100 kilograms lighter sports specification without air conditioning, rear seats, power windows and right outside mirrors
Technical data and performance:
- Dimensions: Length 4.26 meters, width 1.84 meters, height 1.28 meters, wheelbase 2.27 meters.
- Tare weights: 1,450 kilograms or 1,350 kilograms (lightweight version).
- Body: Self-supporting steel body with components made of Kevlar (including roof, fenders), polyurethane (front skirt) and aluminum (hoods and doors).
- Engine and drive: 2.85-liter biturbo six-cylinder boxer petrol engine, air cooling, cylinder heads with water cooling, four-wheel drive with four driving programs preselectable according to road conditions (dry, wet, ice and traction), 6-speed transmission. Power 331kW/450 HP, max. torque: 500 Nm at 5.500/min
- Driving performance: 0-100 km/h in 3.9 s, Vmax: over 315 km/h, consumption at 90 or 120 km/h and in city cycle: 9.3 or 10.7 and 17.5 liters of Super/100 km.
If you are looking for a Porsche 959 for sale and you want to find out more, click here: Porsche 959 – The High-Flyer
Technical specifications about the Porsche 959:
- Model year: 1986 – 1988
- Model name: 959 (S)
- Engine type: Sequential twin-turbocharged DOHC flat-six engine
- Engine capacity (cm3): 2850
- Body versions: Coupé
- Power output (kW/PS): 331 kW (379kW) / 450 PS (515 PS)
© Picture: Dr. Georg Konradsheim