The book for the Porsche 924, 944, 968 and 928 (German edition)
Today, the Porsche models 924, 944, 968, and 928 are coveted, but quite affordable classic cars. This illustrated book brings their period of origin to life:
- Technology and design: the history of the classic transaxle
- Pure car enthusiasm: contemporary photos with a focus on the 70s and 80s
- Original documents and background information on model development
- perfect gift idea for Porsche fans and classic car enthusiasts!
- What moved the fans: no rear engine and still a real Porsche
Edition: 1st edition 2020
Publisher: Delius Klasing
Available languages: German
Format: 17.1 x 24.7 cm
Photos and illustrations: 119
Simple but revolutionary: how the Porsche 924 made automotive history.
The Porsche engineers’ goal was clear: The new Porsche was to be a 2+2-seater sports car with optimum performance, comfort, and safe driving characteristics. The solution was a revolution in Porsche design: engine at the front, transmission at the rear. With the innovative transaxle design, the engineers achieved a balanced axle load and set a counterpoint to the established Porsche 911 with rear-mounted engine.