THE CAR’S HISTORY
Almost immediately after delivery, mister Dave Coleman started racing in the 1966 MARRS GT championship with this particular 911. And he was very successful from the start and became champion in 1966 and 1968. Even at that time mister Coleman was a visionary man, as he never raced with his original engine, but with a customized Porsche 2.5lt race engine. The original engine was never used to race, and there for in a very good and complete condition. The car was raced occasionally till the late 70s.
For as far as we can check it-and even today we are still looking for extra information- the car was then parked and stored for an amazing +35 years and found back by Charles Cooker, president of 356 INC and an authority in the early Porsche world. Charles offered this car to the current owner after it was parked for a couple of years in his garage.
This body-off restauration will easily pass 1.000 man-hours!
A brief description:
1.The body went in the oven, to totally clean, no sand or soda blasting.
Chemical bath to get the most hidden rust cleaned out, (something soda or sand can’t reach)
KTL treatment of the entire body.
2. new floor, back seats, front and rear panels, re enforced welding’s were necessary.
New doorsteps, suspension supports, fuel tank etc.…
3. all new electricity throughout the entire car, new head lights and tail lights, new lenses
Restored original green gauges and instruments.
4. all chrome redone and re welded, all 5 wheels are correct date stamped.
5. restored seats, new carpets new ceilings, totally new /restored interior
6. totally rebuilt engine, all seals, bearings shafts were totally restored, all parts were restored and are the original and correct ounces (see pictures)
Solex carburetors and Piers burg dual pump (today valued at +20K€)