Everything about kickdown
Classic car auctions
Offer your young or old timer in an auction now. Whether Porsche, Mercedes, Lancia or VW – we are completely open to all brands!
You only pay 2.5% plus VAT as a buyer and seller, but never more than € 2,500. The hiring fee is completely free of charge for you.
We write the description for your vehicle and also offer professional photos for a better sales result.
Easiest to use
Kickdown is a real experience thanks to our clean website and new features that help you buy and sell.
Key facts at a glance
Although there are many marketplaces where you can buy and sell a special car, Kickdown offers significant advantages over other providers, such as:
- We concentrate on enthusiast cars: No matter whether they are 20 or 65 years old. We show all vehicles that fall into the young and oldtimer area and occasionally other collector's vehicles.
- Our fees are low. The fees for the buyer and the seller are each 2.5% plus VAT of the highest bid, with a minimum of € 250 and a maximum of € 2,500 – far less than other auction houses and websites for classic cars and vehicle auctions. Request a free listing for an auction quickly and easily. The creation of the advertisement is completely taken over by us and is written professionally for you by our editorial team.
- While it takes weeks or even months for your car to be listed and available to buyers at other car auctions, we will list your car quickly – and we even take your preferences for planning the date of the auction of your car, so that an individual time poses no problem.
- Kickdown makes it easy for you to put your car up for sale. We value your time by just asking a few important details before we let you know whether we will accept your vehicle or not. This means that you do not have to waste your time providing initial information and, if in doubt, your vehicle will be rejected. So the request is very quick and efficient, so you have almost no effort.
- Kickdown is the easiest to use online automotive marketplace, with easy sorting and overview – and simplified auctions that tell you exactly what you need to know about each vehicle.
That is what sets Kickdown apart
We present every car honestly with transparently written auctions and advertisements, as well as meaningful photo documentation and other evidence. The open comment function offers the opportunity to request expertise from the community and the seller in order to find out as much as possible about the vehicle. A personal contact person is available around the clock if you want to sell your vehicle or if you have any questions. No last-second bidding. The time for the auctions is always extended to 2 minutes if this has fallen below, so that everyone has the same chance to submit their bid. After an auction has been successfully closed, we put the seller and buyer in contact so that the purchase can be completed.
This is how it works
When you bid on a car, you are agreeing to buy it should you end up as the highest bidder – so be aware of this before bidding. That means asking the seller questions, looking at photos or even planning a trip to see the car in person. If you don't plan to complete the purchase of the car, don't bid – you could end up as the highest bidder.
All bidders who are successful pay Kickdown a buyer fee of 2.5% plus VAT in addition to the amount of the successful bid. The buyer's fee is a minimum of € 250 but is capped at € 2,500 so that the fees don't become prohibitive for buyers. To ensure that the commission is paid, you have to create a bidding account where all relevant information has to be filled out, only then can you place a bid. Upon successful completion as the highest bidder, the commission will be charged. Bids on cars are binding and there are no refunds if you change your mind.
After an auction, you will be given the seller's contact information, and vice versa, so you and the seller can finalize the details and logistics of the transaction.
sell a car
Basically we ask you to first give us some brief information about the car you would like to sell, some photos and a brief description of the vehicle. As a seller, you do not have to pay any fees for requesting or creating an advertisement, this is completely free of charge. The sales commission is the same as that of the buyer. This is also 2.5% plus VAT, a minimum of € 250 and a maximum of € 2,500 plus VAT.
Not every car is eligible for kickdown, and we do not accept every car that is submitted. However, if we are interested in a listing of your vehicle, we will contact you and ask for more information, such as: B. Detailed photos, service and ownership and various other important information that prospective buyers need to know before buying a vehicle. When we have finished writing the advertisement, you will proofread it and approve it.
You can also choose to set a reserve price or to have your vehicle sold with no reserve price. If you decide on an auction with a reserve price, we will ask you to propose a reserve price – we can of course also help you with pricing. We are also happy to offer a car with no reserve price.
If you sell a car through Kickdown, it cannot be put up for sale elsewhere. That means you need to remove any other advertisement for your car on any other website or publication before we post it for you. We want our auctions to end with the highest bidder buying the car and not the sellers removing their cars because they may have sold it elsewhere. Nevertheless, you can of course share the auction on Kickdown in any network or social media in order to generate attention for your vehicle.
During the auction, you may be asked questions by commentators and bidders. We have found that auctions in which the sellers actively participate tend to be more successful – both in terms of the sale of the car and the final sale price. Your auction will likely go more smoothly if you answer questions thoroughly, provide photos if requested, and do your best to be honest and frank about your car and its condition.
At the end of an auction, you will receive the buyer's contact information and vice versa so that you and the buyer can complete the logistics of the transaction.