This is a great running open 356 project with a strong engine, smooth shifting transmission, and four-wheel disc brakes. The paint is older with some patina and imperfections. It will also need some metalwork. The front floor pan, battery box, and longitudinal will need to be replaced. However, it does have a matching number engine and transmission per Kardex. It is becoming very difficult to find good Cabriolet projects. This is a great opportunity to purchase a matching number open 356 needing a little work at a reasonable entry-level price.
– 75 horsepower, 1,582 cc OHV air-cooled horizontally opposed four-cylinder engine
– Dual Zenith 32 carburetors
– Four-speed manual 741 transmission
– Independent front suspension with laminated torsion bars
– Parallel trailing arms
– Independent rear swing axles with torsion bars
– Four tubular shock absorbers
– Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes
– Wheelbase: 82.7 in.