The Porsche was delivered on March 10, 1960 as the 1600 Super (75 PS) via the dealer AFM in England to an American from Washington who lived in England. The Porsche then moved to the USA with its first owner. Where and how long the first owner used the car is not documented. The car changed hands on February 11, 1972. On that day, Ronald Adrian Marks from Laguna Beach, California was issued a title (ownership document). Ronald Marks owned the Porsche for 20 years. Then he sold it to Peter Fried from Germany. Peter Fried, a well-known VW specialist, imported the car to Germany on October 10, 1992 and sold it to a lady from South Tyrol. This lady's brother is the well-known restorer Reinhold Planck from Brixen. Mr. Planck took on the car and started a full restoration at the highest level. After completing the work on the body, paintwork and interior, there was a break lasting several years. The owner had lost interest in the vehicle over time.
In October 2002, Mr. Planck put the car up for sale. We, the Ande Votteler company, acquired it. In the years that followed, the restoration was completed by us and our network. On July 18th, 2008 we sold the car to the current owner.
Regarding the condition: The car was restored to the highest quality. Reinhold Planck is known for his specialist knowledge, his perfection and his excellent network. We, the company Ande Votteler, are experts in the topic 356 and work ourselves and in our network exclusively with the best in the scene. The entire technology was set up by the well-known specialist Wolfgang Reile (from Classic Power in Schorndorf) and perfected regardless of cost. The engine was equipped with a new engine housing (type 616 / 33-1) with pistons and cylinders from Mahle (1680 ccm), a new SC crankshaft from Alfing and with Solex-40PII carburettors (as standard on the 356B Super 90 and SC ) and has an output of 115 hp. The built-in exhaust system is a Classic Power development in stainless steel with an improved passage (all manifold pipes of the same length for the same back pressure for all cylinders), optically corresponds approximately to the original and ends in the bumper horns as ex works.
A new brake system of the 356B Carrera from Classic Parts Peter Hofmann (60mm drum instead of 40mm original) and a 2-circuit brake system from Classic Power were installed and the on-board network was converted to 12 volts. Furthermore, chrome-plated rims of size 5 1/2 x 15 with Vredestein Sprint Classic tires of size 185/70 R 15H were mounted.
Mechanical steel sunroof - very rare. Contemporary Blaupunkt radio with correct speakers and antenna from Radio-König. Nardi wooden steering wheel (contemporary). An original steering wheel is available. For safety reasons, the owner had sports seats with neck rests made in identical red leather. These are part of the vehicle and can be installed with little effort. For reasons of improved safety, H-belts were installed. There is also a suitcase set for the vehicle, perfectly made in correct red leather by the well-known leather goods manufacturer Thomas Hicker in Vienna. The owner moved the car with custom-made aluminum bumpers without bumper horns and with a stainless steel exhaust system specially made for assembly without horns. These parts are also with the vehicle.