On May 17, 1957, chassis number 83341 was delivered to its first owner, James E. Ross, in Switzerland. Mr. Ross is a soldier in the US Army and was stationed in Switzerland at the time. He immediately had the car specified for the US market so that it could later be registered in the USA without any problems.
In 2016 the current owner bought the car as a restoration object. He gives the order for a complex complete restoration to a renowned restoration company in Europe.
The car has only been driven 500 kilometers since the restoration. All work is excellently photo-documented. The photos give an excellent insight into how thoroughly the work was done here.
The owner had the car restored to the condition in which it was delivered. The car was painted in the delivery color white and the interior was made of black artificial leather.
The car still has its first original 1600 engine, it is matching numbers. Both doors, various cladding panels and the bonnet still have the original chassis number and therefore clearly belong to the original vehicle.
In addition to the factory data card, there is the Reutter delivery certificate with all the specifications from the Reutter archive.